A Celebration of E.C’s songbook…
Kevin Russell guitarist extraordinaire and vocalist pays homage to E C’s great songbook!
From Cream to The Hits to The Blues Kevin is spellbinding as he brings to life these wonderful songs. This is a must see show!
- Kevin Russell was born and raised in the Motor City and has a very unique blend blues, rock and soul. Kevin says: “It’s a Motor City thing!” Kevin is a very soulful guitar player as well as singer/songwriter and record producer. Kevin first rose to prominence with his classic rock band 707. Scoring a couple of rock radio classics hits and toured playing arenas throughout the 80’s. Kevin has also played with a who’s who list of recording and touring artists throughout his career.
- Having recently finished over 380 shows in the cast of the Broadway Smash Hit Show “Jersey Boys” in NYC & SF. Kevin’s 707 smash rock hit “I Could Be Good For You” featured in the block buster film “Grown Ups” starring Adam Sandler.
- Kevin Russell Motor City born virtuoso rock blues guitarist singer, songwriter, producer and actor. Kevin has the extraordinary ability to make any song his own, whether playing a cover song or his own composition. Kevin captivates his audience with his live performance as he continues to play 80 -100 live shows annually. “The best is still yet to come”.
- Moving to Hollywood to follow his dream, Kevin formed the now classic rock band 707. Scoring a couple of rock radio classics i.e. “I Could Be Good For You” and “Megaforce”, 707 toured playing arenas throughout the 80’s with the likes of: REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent, Scorpions, John Melloncamp, Rainbow, Loverboy, 38. Special, Thin Lizzy and the list goes on.
- Kevin later joined forces with Billy Kreutzman and Brent Midland (Grateful Dead) to form Kokomo. They played sold out show after sold out show all around the U.S. Kevin was asked to join ex- Stray Cats members Slim Jim Phantom and Lee Rocker along side longtime pal Earl Slick (David Bowie./John Lennon) Together Slick and Russell created one the ultimate guitar teams. The band would score an MTV rock radio anthem “Men Without Shame”.
- Kevin recorded a record with his good friend Clarence “The Big Man” Clemons. They put a touring band together The Red Bank Rockers and hit the road playing sold out shows all over the U.S. The shows would often feature special guests: Joe Walsh, Ringo, The Boss Bruce, Jackson Brown, Jon Bon Jovi, Ritchie Sambora, South Side Johnny, Steve Van Zandt, Levon Helm and more..
- Shortly after Kevin put together “The Keep” with rock drumming legend Peter Criss of Kiss.
- During this period Kevin was receiving calls to play on other artists records i.e. Whitesnake, Sea Hags, F. Machine, Nils Lofgren, Levon Helm. Plus TV and Film soundtracks which included Levi’s 501 Blues, Murder In Greenwich, Fall Into Darkness, Weird Science, No Small Affair, Nightmare on Elm St. Parts III and IV and the list goes on.
- Throughout the 90’s Kevin concentrated on playing rock-blues and producing records for other artists like: Two records for guitar legend Rick Derringer, as well as guitar heroes Pat Travers, Leslie West, Frank Marino,George Lynch (Dokken), Ritchie Kotzen (Poison), Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne),Steve Lukather (Toto) , Rick Medlocke (Lynyrd Skynyrd) and Steve Hunter (Lou Reed/ Alice Cooper)
- Broadway’s smash hit Jersey Boys called on Kevin’s talents to join the cast to play all the guitar parts and be on stage as an actor playing a ‘tough guy” Kevin completed over 600 shows in a row!
- Being in Broadway hit shows was not something new to Kevin, the guitarist’ credits include the iconic musicals “Hair”and “Godspell”.
- Kevin does shows with The Hit Men All Stars which included former members of (Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Aerosmith, Nightranger and Dire Straits)