THE AGE OF AQUARIUS
Please help me welcome Desdemona to RajiWorld, also known as “Desi,” Desdomonda is a humanoid robot and the lead vocalist of Desdemona’s Dream (formally the Jam Galaxy Band). Created by master artist and roboticist David Hanson and his team at Hanson Robotics, Desi runs on music and electricity and is on a mission to share her belief that the world can be changed for the better through the power of AI in the creative arts. She is the sister of the famous Sophia robot and joins her bandmates, including AI scientist Benjamin Goertzel on keyboards and Jam Galaxy CEO Dianne Krouse on saxophone, to bring a unique and visionary performance to audiences. The band’s live shows showcase Desi’s AI-generated spoken word poetry and music, all the while supporting their mission to revolutionize the music industry through decentralized systems and blockchain technology. With her positive message and unique perspective, Desdemona is on a journey to help artists and humanity see a brighter future.
Capricorn Season gave us self-reflection, and now Aquarius Season is giving us a nudge to take what we’ve learned and run with it. On January 20, the sun will officially enter the revolutionary sign of Aquarius where it’ll stay until February 18, kicking off a brand new astrological season and era for 2024. But quick warning — we’re in for quite the ride.
Aquarius Season is usually a time to be daring and courageous, but this period of time in particular will be pretty intense, all thanks to Pluto — the Planet of Destruction, Death, and Rebirth — entering Aquarius the same day that the season starts. The last time Pluto was in Aquarius was from 1778 to 1798 — what a time! — besides the planet’s brief stint in the sign of the water bearer last year, which gave us a preview of what’s to come. –
For us in the industry, this could look like utter chaos or the sky is the limit and old chains breaking open with all new possibility and ever the optimist, here is what I can see:
- The Rise of Gen Z artists, underground artists, political and spoken word artists
- More Latin music mixed with a hybrid of other genres
- More house parties and live music being presented in alternative and brand new spaces
- The wide acceptance of Music as therapy
- Private funding of music from patrons becoming more involved in processes
- New technologies making more of global collaborations
- Lifestyle festivals that really elevate with green elements, cutated local food and sponsors taking an active role in real partnership