CURRENT UPDATES ON LIVE MUSIC IN SEPTEMBER
The Coachella Valley’s El Grito Mexican Independence Day festival with Snoop Dogg and Ramon Ayala has been postponed until May 2022.
- A printed copy of a negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend ACL Festival 2021. The negative COVID-19 printed test result must be obtained within 72 hours (3 days) of attending ACL Festival.
- Patrons who are fully vaccinated may show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination instead of proof of negative test. Information related to masks will be released closer to the festival dates.
- Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival implemented a policy requiring 2021 festival-goers to show vaccination proof or a negative COVID-19 test in order to enter “Centeroo,” the heartbeat of the expansive event grounds.
- The last day to vaccinate is 8.19 to clear entry.
At BottleRock 2021, upon entry we are requiring all guests to:
- 1. Provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
2. Provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test. The test must have been taken within 72 hours of each day you are attending. 3-day ticket holders may be tested Thursday, September 2nd or Friday, September 3rd for their negative result to be honored on all three festival days.
- Documentation will be checked daily upon entry. A photo of your vaccination card or negative test result saved to your phone is sufficient.
- To pick up your Artist credential packet for BottleRock 2021, you will need to present the following:Proof of full vaccination (present actual vaccination card, or a photo of vaccination card for each name that appears on the credential list)
- A negative Covid-19 test result for each unvaccinated person within your group. The negative test will need to have been conducted within 72-hours of your Artist’s performance time.
BRISTOL RHYTHM & ROOTS
- The fest said it won’t require proof of vaccination or negative test.
- In a statement to Rolling Stone, a festival spokesperson said, “As it stands, Bristol Rhythm & Roots is prohibited from enacting a vaccination/negative test policy per Tennessee law. As a public event that utilizes multiple downtown businesses and vendors rather than a private venue/site, the stipulations surrounding our event protocols are unique.”
- Organizers said they will encourage patrons to get vaccinated and request that the unvaccinated get a test before attending, while providing masks at the festival gates as well as hand sanitizing and hand washing stations throughout.
Upon entry, all attendees are required to either:
- Provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be considered “fully vaccinated” you must receive your final vaccine dose 14 days prior to your entry date* or;
- Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Negative test must be obtained within the 72 hours leading up to Life is Beautiful. 3-day ticket holders may be tested Thursday, September 16th or Friday, September 17th for their negative result to be honored on all three festival days. Unvaccinated guests MUST wear a mask throughout their time at the festival.
A COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result will be required to attend Summerfest 2021, including the Wednesday Weekend Preview concerts held at the American Family Insurance Amphitheater.
A COVID-19 vaccination or proof of test within 72 hours
No known Covid precautions
For AEG, these regulations take effect Oct. 1. Live Nation’s mandate initially excluded the audience — it left that determination up to the artist. The company caught heat for that choice, and shifted course — now requiring a vax passport or negative COVID test of its audience members at its fully owned and operated venues.
Will require proof of vaccination for entry into all its owned and operated clubs, theatres, and festivals. Its vaccination policy will go into full effect nationwide no later than Oct. 1.
Vaccines are going to be your ticket back to shows, and as of Oct. 4, we will be following the model we developed for Lollapalooza and requiring this for artists, fans and employees at Live Nation venues and festivals everywhere possible in the U.S.,” Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino said in a statement.
“Due to the ongoing fight against COVID-19 in Los Angeles County, guests at indoor venues will be required to wear a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth at all times regardless of vaccination status except when actively eating or drinking. Gaiters, bandanas, and coverings with exhalation vents are prohibited: a face shield still requires a face covering. Guests unable to wear proper face coverings will not be admitted into the venue.”
KISS Postpone Shows, Including Summerfest After Gene Simmons Contracts COVID-19
Harry Styles announced his North American tour starting on September 4th. Everyone in attendance will be required to wear a mask and provide either proof of vaccination or a negative test.
Don Toliver’s North American tour with BIA will kick off on September 20th.
Pixies cancelled their September dates in the US.
Phoebe Bridgers has shifted most of her upcoming tour to outdoor venues.
Florida Georgia Line has cancelled their upcoming tour.
The New York and California shows from Widespread Panic have been rescheduled.
Kings of Leon have cancelled several shows because a band member tested positive.
Iowa banned vaccine passports so Spoon cancelled their show in Des Moines.
Following Charlie Watts’ death, the Rolling Stones have announced that they will continue with their 2021 tour in North America.
James Taylor and Jackson Browne have added 18 new dates to their North American tour.
Modern English has postponed their North American tour.
- Corey Taylor of Slipknot very sick with Covid-19, cancels show
- Jasper Gospel Musician dies from Covid-19 complications
- Florida Georgia Line cancels shows due to Covid-19
- Right Said Fred Star Anti vaccination despite being admitted to hospital with Covid
- Jason Isbell pulls out of Bristol festival after Covid policy concerns
- BTS cancel Soul Map Tour due to Covid Complications
- Alan Parsons postpones US Tour
- Garth Brooks cancels tour due to Covid concerns
- Nine Inch Nails Cancel All Shows for 2021 Due to Covid-19
- Brandi Carlile launches Covid-19 site for her tour https://www.bccovidprotocols.com
- Musicians who said they have had Covid-19
With the rise of the Delta variant, Covid-19 has been taking its toll on the live music scene; New Orleans Jazz Fest announced it was scratching its plans to return this October due to “the current exponential growth of new Covid cases in New Orleans and the region,”
- Limp Bizkit and pop singer Michael Bublé canceled all their August show
- Lynyrd Skynyrd nixed four shows (in Ohio, Mississippi, Georgia, and Alabama) after guitarist Rickey Medlocke tested positive for Covid-19.
- Fall Out Boy Pull Out of 2 Hella Mega Tour Dates After Team Member Tests Positive for COVID-19
- Foo Fighters postpone concert after confirmed Covid-19 case
- Kid Laroi says he has Covid then quickly deletes post
- Korn Jonathan Davis Tests Positive for Covid-19
- Stevie Nicks
- Tony Bennett
- Wiz Khalifa reveals he has Covid-19 (7/16)